At the end of the day today, a coworker remarked that this was a long short week. Even though we were off on Monday, it seemed like it took Friday an awfully long time to get here.
- Travel + Leisure took a trip to the Mississippi Delta and gave shoutouts to some places very near and dear to my heart – the Southern Foodways Alliance and the Center for the Study of Southern Culture – in the process.
- Gone Girl was easily my favorite book of 2012, and now David Fincher is in talks to direct the film adaptation. Pretty. Freakin’. Stoked.
- What does your font choice say about you? I’m do love me some American Typewriter which means I am drowning in nostalgia, so no shock there.
- Leave it to Mashable to compile the best GIFs and pics of President Obama’s second inauguration.
- Jack Kerouac was pretty much a total babe, as evidenced by his Naval Reserve enlistment photo. More like, the only people for me are the fine ones, amirite?
I’m planning to hit the Atlanta Beltline for a 6 mile run tomorrow morning, and then hopefully I’ll be laying low the rest of the weekend. Any big plans for you, or are you planning on a chill weekend as well?