After a busy (and rainy) past few days, I’m so excited Friday is finally here. I think my knee has officially healed and I’m ready to get back into the oh-my-god-one-month-till-the-half mindset. On the agenda is a little Saturday morning hot yoga, a Mardi Gras fest at a bar near our house, and a 8-mile run on Sunday. Laissez les bons temps rouler!
- As someone who studied every aspect of the South in school, seeing cultural stereotypes reinforced in lazy, careless pieces like this really pisses me off. I’d love to hear other people’s thoughts on it – southerners and nonsoutherners alike.
- Beyonce’s I-am-woman-hear-me-roar performance at the Super Bowl was insane and great, but it didn’t take long for the “too sexy!” crowd to start a-raging. This response to the criticism was thought-provoking and spot-on.
- Ole Miss’ recruiting class was historic, and I loved this SB Nation article on the many different people and events that all added up to Robert Nkemdiche’s arrival at the “University of Ole Miss” (bless him).
- The trailer for The Avett Brothers’ “February Seven” video has me wanting to visit North Carolina – and Cline’s Country Antiques! Hoping the boys take home the Best Americana Album award at the Grammy’s.
- Speaking of Sunday, The Walking Dead is back! This Time Warner Cable promo had me in stitches.